Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Road Less Traveled

Most people change their idea of a perfect career many times throughout their lives. However, I have stuck with the same career path almost my whole life. My dream is to become a doctor. As cliche as it sounds, it is truly what I want to do. It is extremely important to persevere until you achieve the ultimate goal. Since I was a young girl, I have been researching my career path. I started preparing myself by volunteering once a week at the local hospital. Volunteer experience in the field I plan to work in is extremely important. The next step for me is four years of university education in a field of sciences. After completing that, I will write the MCAT exam to test my abilities as a possible doctor. If I score high enough, I will be able to apply to medical school. My plan is to apply to as many medical schools as I can. Entrance is extremely competitive, and I want to increase my chance of acceptance. Once I get into a program, I will work hard to achieve adequate grades to get into the profession. After completing the necessary amount of time in school, I will begin my practicum before starting my own practice. As much as I would love to specialize and become a surgeon, I do not want to spend the extra five years in school. Having a family and starting a life is more important than the money I would make. I would rather have a nine-to-five job and be under my own management in my own practice. Roughly nine years of education is a lot. However, I cannot imagine myself as anything else, and it is worth the time to carry out a life I will enjoy. As much as it is a difficult road to follow, I am confident that I will succeed and will have the life I dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment